Friday, December 4, 2009

Sarah Palin Goes Birther on President Obama's birth certficate

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/12/03/palin-goes-birther-obama_n_379634.html

Sarah Palin believes that President Obama's birth certificate is an issue that is reasonable for politicians to question. His citizenship came about while Palin was on a radio show and Palin was asked if she planned on bringing that up if she ran for president in 2012. She believes that his citizenship should be talked about, but she doesn't feel that she has to bring it up because the electors still want to know themselves.



I don't think that it was a really big deal whether or not the president is a US citizen or not because at the end of the day he still has our best at heart. I really don't believe that Sarah Palin should be so concerned with the President anyway I believe that she is just bitter because she and her running mate were beat out by the first african american president. I think that everyone should leave him alone and let him do his job and stop trying to tear him down.

1 comment:

  1. The question birthers raise isn't whether Obama is a citizen but whether or not he was born in the US, which according to the Constitution is a requirement for becoming president. This requirement means Arnold Schwarzenegger and Gov. Granholm of Michigan cannot run for President. Should this change now? It would have to be passed in a Constitutional amendment which is incredibly difficult to do as it requires approval by 2/3 of Congress twice and 3/4 of the states.

    Now on to Obama, it has basically been proven over and over again that he was born in Hawaii. I agree that Palin's focus on this is misguided, but I disagree with your notion that people should just leave the President alone. In America, it is our job to criticize the President when we see fit. Healthy debate about issues is good, unfortunately, this isn't a real issue in my opinion.

    Personally, while I support Obama, I think there are a number of things he needs to be doing a better job of whether it be the economy, handling health care, gay rights, or even his foreign policy efforts so far. And yes, I think it is important for all people to put pressure on him to follow through on many of his promises or if you disagree with what he stands for, to explain and advocate for your position in a respectful way.

    ReplyDelete