Wednesday, November 18, 2009
President Barack Obama met with Chinese President Hu Jintao in a in Beijing today as part of Obama's three day tour of China and eight day tour of Asia. The two leaders reportedly discussed sensitive economic issues including the dollar yuan exchange rate trade and tariffs, and U.S. fiscal policy, and North Korea and Iran. But Hu and Obama made only general comments to the press, and did not elaborate on any agreements or disagreements. But I can only imagine with the technologies China has it has to be something pretty interesting. The President also bowed to the Chinese President. I don't think that is is that big of a deal i feel like it was completely out of resepct. But when your a giant like our beloved President Obama everyone is looking for imperfections and I think it is way to hyped.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It is interesting how you said "our beloved" Obama. Who do you mean Obama is beloved by? Yes, in Philadelphia, he is liked, but about 50% of the country does not support him and a lot of people actually really dislike Obama (as much as people here disliked Bush)
ReplyDeleteJust remember that. Just because Obama is popular here we need to realize that doesn't mean he is popular around the country.
well I agree I don't think that it's that big of a deal to bow to the chinese emperor because it is all about respect. If he didn't then that agreements that they may have came to may not have been decided.
ReplyDelete